NCAA Oklahoma State Girl’s S/S V-Neck T-Shirt
Celebrate your team spirit in comfort and style with champion’s short sleeve V-neck t-shirt
Short-sleeve V-neck Tee
Silver foil print on center chest
On December 25, 1890, the Oklahoma Territorial Legislature finally gained approval for Oklahoma Territorial Agricultural and Mechanical (A&M) College, the land-grant university established under the Morrill Act of 1862.
It specified that the college was to be within Payne County. Such an ambiguous description created a rivalry between towns within the county, with Stillwater ultimately winning out. Upon statehood in 1907, “Territorial” was dropped from its title.
The first students assembled for class on December 14, 1891. Classes were held for two and one-half years in local churches until the first academic building, later known as Old Central, was dedicated on June 15, 1894, on the southeast corner of campus, which at the time was flat plowed prairie.
In 1896, Oklahoma A&M held its first commencement with six male graduates. The first Library was established in Old Central in one room shared with the English Department. The first campus building to have electricity, Williams Hall, was constructed in 1900. With its turreted architecture, it was referred to as the “Castle of the Prairies”;
It remained standing until 1969. One of the earliest campus buildings was also a barn, used as part of an agricultural experiment station, which was served by a large reservoir pond created in 1895. The barn burned in 1922, but the lake, enlarged and remodeled in 1928 and 1943, is now known as Theta Pond, a famous campus scenic landmark.
In 1906, Morrill Hall was completed and became the principal building on campus. A fire gutted the building in 1914, but the outside structure survived intact, and the interior was reconstructed. The first dormitory for women was completed in 1911.
It contained a kitchen, dining hall, some classrooms, and a women’s gymnasium. It is now the Bartlett Center for the Studio Arts and houses the Gardiner Art Gallery. By 1919 the campus included Morrill Hall, the Central Building, the Engineering Building (now Gundersen Hall), the Women’s building, the Auditorium (replaced later by the Seretean Center for Performing Arts), the Armory-Gymnasium (now the Architecture Building) and the Power Plant.